Wednesday, February 10, 2016

sketches in acrylics at Cheonggyecheon and Jongno, Seoul

scenery with Mojeongyo (bridge), acrylics, crayon, 39 x 27 cm

street scenery at Sambong-ro, Jongno
acrylics, crayon, 39 x 27 cm


Today, the end of Lunar new year holidays, I went to downtown for sketching for the weather forecast said it would be warm. But doing something near the cold water was not easy at all. The fabric which I used for water-absorbing was frozen. It might be caused by my location in shade. Passengers asked "Aren't your fingers cold?" I replied "Absolutely freezing!" But expecting that the spring will come soon I enjoyed the outdoor sketching. 
After finishing the first one I moved to Burger King, Jongno district office branch to warm myself and sketch one more indoor. The place was excellent with my favorite views which I repeatedly kept drawing. This time I used acrylics and crayons. In both works changing light mattered as always, which compose the most attractive scenery in pictures. 

오늘 날이 따뜻하다고 하여 시내에 나갔는데 바람도 불고 쌀쌀하더군요. 청계천의 물가에 더구나 그늘에 자리를 잡고 보니 물 적시는 천이 얼었어요. 그래도 시내 가까운 곳에 이런 장소가 있어서 다가오는 봄을 기다리며 스케치를 즐겁게 했습니다.

No comments: