Saturday, January 26, 2019

Sketches at the Seoul Folk Flea Market


I began with this scene of pairs of socks, shoes, men's jackets hung on the column. 

I asked this man who was selling and repairing bags whether I could draw him(Yang Jo-Wook) using his stool. He permitted with a smile. And he told me that he was an oriental painter and showed me his figure paintings which were great. We kept talking about his life for painting till I finished this one. It was meaningful time and rare. 

Contrabass and accordions
While I was drawing this one a woman began to sound with a accordion next to me. I stopped this one and tried to sketch her. After finishing her playing I added colors to this one again.

Accordion player, Kang Eun-Ja, kept playing while I was drawing her. Those pieces were so good to hear and the passengers stopped to see her play and to see my work too. All of us might not forget the happy time we shared together. I thanked her too. 

People can buy every kinds of paintings. Oriental, western, big and small...

pen, pastels, A 4 
I tried to go out to capture the street sellers and customers. Big scale stone sculptures were stood in rows. And it was so crowded as much as inside. 




We had the first meetup this year at the Seoul Folk Flea Market. It was a usual cold day of January. But inside temperature was good enough for sketching. Merchants told they refurbished the ceiling for better environment. It was good to see the market develop day by day. The food court space was divided by transparent doors from the selling zone And the covered ceiling kept the indoor temperature warmer. We could feel the distinguished features clearly for we visited after one year for sketching. We thank for the participants despite of cold weather and hope to meet again soon. 

아직 추운 날씨에도 불구하고 참여하신 서울어반스케쳐스 여러분들께 감사드립니다. 새로이 변모하는 서울풍물시장 덕분에 따뜻한 실내에서 즐거운 스케치를 하였어요. 항상 활기 넘치고 재미있는 공간이 있어 든든한 마음입니다. 새로운 마음으로 참여하신 분들께서도 자주 만날 수 있기 바랍니다. 

아울러 오늘은 세계의 여러 도시에서 제 62차 WW SketchCrawl이  행해지는 날이기도 합니다. 링크된 페이지를 방문하시고 스케치크롤에 그림 올리는 법을 참고하셔서 Seoul, Korea [Results]에 오늘 그리신 그림들을 올려주시면 멋진 나눔이 되겠어요. 수고많으셨습니다!

1 comment:

한정선 said...

아코디언과 드로잉..작은 퍼포먼스같았겠어요
전 조은 기회를 놓쳤네요 ㅎㅎ
부분부분 포착하신 씬이 활기차고 다양한 풍물시장을
그대로 대변해주네요~~^^