Sunday, June 21, 2020

Sketches on June 20 at Jangchung-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul




colored papers, white chalk, conte(sanguine), A 4
I have been dreaming of sketching the street scenes in the middle of the road. It became possible because the center lanes for the buses began to be set since 1993 in Seoul. Though I drew some scene from time to time while waiting for my bus the atmosphere in air was not good by exhausted gas from bus. These days many buses run using electronic power instead of oil. I believe air condition must be better than before. 
Yesterday we had a regular meetup at Jangchung-dong where located Dongguk University, Jangchungdan Park, and walking trail too. And I found big parasols for pedistrians to escape from the pouring sun light at the junction of Jangchungdan-ro. I took a seat on the traffic island. Without the cool shadow and the traffic island I couldn't carry my job to capture the crossing scenes. Fortunately the breeze from the park behind made me keep drawing for two hours in the morning.


colored papers, white chalk, conte(sanguine), A 4
After having delicious lunch(swell fish soup) with friends we moved to nearby Coffee Bean to sketch the beautiful scenery of the place. I remember the place was very great in autumn with colored leaves in the ground. We enjoyed both talking and drawing. Being with my old friend, Bae Jeong Sook was very pleasing too. Hope her to join us often. Thank you all to spend a fine day together in such a great place!



어제 날은 좀 더웠으나 장소가 워낙 시원해서 그동안 해보고 싶었던 교통섬에서의 스케치를 원없이 해보았습니다. 중앙차선제가 생겨나서 스케쳐에게는 참으로 소중한 여건이라 여겨집니다. 전에 광화문 은행나무들이 한복판에 줄지어 있을 때에 거기서 그림을 그려보면 어떤 기분일까 생각만 했는데 막상 현실로 이루어 졌음에도 이런 저런 핑계가 더 많아집니다. 그래도 어제 땡볕을 막아주는 커다란 파라솔 덕분에 소원을 풀었습니다. 시내 공기가 더 좋아지면 종로통에서 서서라도 그려보고 싶은 마음입니다. 
어제 오랜만에 만난 배정숙 화우님 너무 반가왔어요. 앞으로도 자주 뵙기 바랍니다. 더운 날 모두 수고 많으셨습니다. 감사합니다!


No comments: