Tuesday, July 26, 2011

across the Sajik park to Gwanghwamun

at Pilundong, pencil, watercolor, 30 x 40 cm
When I crossed the Sajik road I could see the blue building with irregular windows. A man seated on a red chair looking at the street. I began to sketch him at first because I was not sure that he'd stay long there.

at Naejadong, charcoal, 30 x 40 cm
I was walking down to Gwanghwamun. These days there are so many glass wall buildings that the reflected image on walls made attractive focus in street scenery. In the small resting place I could sketch this thankfully. It seemed to rain soon getting darker.

at Gwanghwamun, pen and watercolor, 30 x 40 cm
Arriving at the Gwanghwamun, Sejong Street, I tried to sketch the Gwanghwamun at first, but I changed my mind looking back. The bridge between the Integrated Government buildings seemed worthwhile to draw.  After finishing this I took a bus coming home. At last it rained heavily while my being at bus. But finishing sketches gives energy in spite of being caught in the rain without umbrella.

3 comments:

Kyoung Won JUNG said...

두번째 거칠고 속도감 느껴지는그림 감동입니다

BH Yoo said...

목탄이 참 편합니다. 색갈 신경쓰지 않아도 되고, 지우개로 지우기도 하고, 덧칠도 하고...이런 저런 자국들이 밀도를 더해주고요. 연필과 또 다른 느낌이 듭니다. 감사합니다.^ ^

Song hae jeong said...

늘 자극을 주시는 유선생님!!감사합니다^^