Friday, January 25, 2013

concert for 2013 Pyeongchang Winter Special Olympic

I visited Seoul Station for sketching. At first I looked around Lotte Outlet, Seoul Station Branch where lots of people were shopping. It looks like a good area for passengers or tourists to spend time and buy goods. After enjoying eye-shopping I moved to the station. I sketched one at the lobby.  While sketching I heard an announcement that there would be a concert wishing the successful "2013 Pyeong Winter Special Olympic(2013 평창 동계 스페셜 올림픽)". The special olympic will be held from Jan 29, 2013 to Feb. 5, 2013 for 8 days at Pyeongchang. I went there and took a seat. It was promoted by Korail, Seoul headquarter under the slogan, "Sharing-Hope Concert(희망 나눔 음악회)" for the Special Olympic. The host(MC) told that the players of the performance and the participants of the special olympic would be the intellectual disabled. So the meaning was very special too.


Kim Ji-hee and her mother on the stage
Her mother told how she became to begin the music and like so much. Ji-hee originally liked art at first and found her talent in the guitar later. Mother kept her seat till her daughter finished her playing. 

Six young dancers of the group "Momzit(Gesture, 몸짓)"
They played the famous song "Gangnam Style" in the ending program.

Samulnori(Korean traditional percussion quartet), of "Ddamtti(heat rash, 땀띠)" group
Everybody liked the exciting and rhythmical beats and sounds of Samulnori.



I enjoyed the concert and sketched. While sketching I recorded some piece for a minute with my mobile. I added them here. Hope the Special olympic's  great success!
The MC asked all the audience to go to Pyeongchang and to encourage all the participants of the Special Olympic. All said "YESSSSSSS!"

No comments: